A summay of the technical details of the instrument.
• Max diameter: 190mm
• Max height: 300mm
• Max sample weight: 3kg
Movement and Measurement
• Variable scanning resolution
• Minimum test time for 60mm product: 31 seconds (based on a 10mm step size, 1.5rps and 95% accuracy and constant ambient temperature)
• Rotational speed options: 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5rps
• Data acquisition: 400 points per revolution
• Vertical step size options: 0.05mm - 50mm
• Instrument weight: 25kg
• Overall height: 639mm
• Overall width: 490mm
• Overall depth: 355mm
• Simple calibration
• Weighing via connected external balance recommended
• Door interlocking mechanism for additional safety - tests cannot be started unless door is closed
• Disposable Sample Platforms for permanent adhesive attachment
• Operating temperature: 10° - 40°C (non-condensing)
• Ambient temperature measurement recorded automatically
• Universal mains input voltage: 100-240 V AC 50/60Hz
• Connectivity: USB
• Calibration and Verification Rod
• External Precision Balance – option of communication with external precision balance (that can transmit displayed values as an ASCII string) via PC COM port
A measurement is only worth performing if it’s accurate. This is why you’ll want to have control of instrument calibration and the means of verifying that the instrument is measuring accurately by testing a Calibration and Verification Rod.
The instrument will verify that the rod correlates with the measurement values as provided by the manufacturer so that you can continue your product testing feeling confident that your instrument performance has been checked.
Typical PC Requirements
• 2.5 GHz modern Intel 32 bit or 64 bit Multicore CPU or AMD equivalent
• 4 GB memory
• 2 GB free hard disk space
• OpenGL or DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
• Supported operating systems: Windows 10 and 11
The latest software versions are available to download free of charge here.
The Ceramscan is complementary to Stable Micro Systems' wide range of texture analysis and physical property measurement solutions which are developed and manufactured in-house and supported by a qualified technical applications team and international distribution network.