Volscan Profiler Specification
The Volscan Profiler is a benchtop laser-based scanner that measures the volume of bread and bakery products.
Which Volscan Profiler model should I choose?
The model you choose will be based solely on the size of the products that you wish to measure and therefore fit comfortably into the instrument.
Sample Dimensions: VSP600 (VSP300)
• Max diameter: 380mm (190mm)
• Max height: 600mm (300mm)
• Max sample weight: 3kg (3kg)
Movement and Measurement:
• Variable scanning resolution
• Volume accuracy: ± 1% (± 1%)
• Minimum test time for 150mm product: 38 seconds (based on a 10mm step size, 1.5rps and 99% accuracy and constant ambient temperature)
• Rotational speed options: 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5rps
• Data acquisition: 400 points per revolution
• Vertical step size options: 0.05mm - 50mm
• Sample weight accuracy: <1%
Dimensions: VSP600 (VSP300)
• Instrument weight 41kg (25kg)
• Overall height 939mm (639mm)
• Overall width 690mm (490mm)
• Overall depth 480mm (355mm)
• Simple calibration
• Door interlocking mechanism for additional safety - tests cannot be started unless door is closed
• Universal Product Support - alternative support solutions with user selected pin array
• Product Support for Disposable Inserts
• Operating temperature: 10° - 40°C (non-condensing)
• Ambient temperature measurement recorded automatically
• Universal mains input voltage: 100-240 V AC 50/60Hz
• Connectivity: USB
• Universal Product Support
• Calibration and Verification Rod
• External Precision Balance – option of communication with external precision balance (that can transmit displayed values as an ASCII string) via PC COM port
Typical PC Requirements:
• 2.5 GHz modern Intel 32 bit or 64 bit Multicore CPU or AMD equivalent
• 4 GB memory
• 2 GB free hard disk space
• OpenGL or DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
• Supported operating systems: Windows 10 and 11
The latest software versions are available to download free of charge.
The Volscan Profiler is complementary to Stable Micro Systems' wide range of texture analysis solutions which are developed and manufactured in-house and supported by a qualified technical applications team and international distribution network.