Calibration of the Powder Flow Analyser
Calibration of both force and distance is carried out in-house at the end of the manufacturing process.
Customers can easily "re-calibrate" the instrument in their laboratories, depending upon their good laboratory practice. The instrument's accuracy can easily be checked in terms of speed, distance and force measurements to meet the more demanding regulations of certain industries.
Once calibration is complete, you can perform your powder flow analysis with confidence that your cohesion, caking and powder flow speed dependence properties are being measured accurately.
Software Functionality – a summary of the highlights
Exponent is a 32-bit software package which drives the TA.XTplus and TA.HDplus Texture Analysers on which the Powder Flow Analyser is located.
The software provides a flexible graphical user interface to choose test settings and acquire test data in a real-time graphical display. Macro and spreadsheet facilities are built-in to aid automated data collection and analysis with a wide range of data presentation formats.
Stable Micro Systems recognises the need to constantly increase the capability of Exponent software by adding new testing procedures, analytical solutions and background support material. Exponent software is written in-house giving us the ability to quickly add required features suggested by our users. We constantly strive for improvement and pride ourselves on our quality of customer support throughout the world.
The section below presents a few highlights of the software which can only be fully appreciated by a live demonstration.
Unique Software Features
• Simple: Loading of all project files at the click of a button
• Customisable: Ability to modify test projects or design unique protocols step by step
• Data Acquisition Rate: Data can be captured up to 500 points per second (PPS)
• Language Editor: One software version has all language options. Choose the language you prefer at the User window
• Additional data collection: As other devices can be connected to the Texture Analyser, additional data can be collected during a powder flow analysis test such as humidity, temperature, acoustic emission
• Data analysis options: Analysis is most usually completed by comparing the force work done or distance ratios. Exponent not only provides macros that are ready to use to analyse your data, once your tests have been performed, but enables macros to be written that can quantify almost any aspect of the Force, Distance and Time data resulting from the test
• Capability: The flexibility to perform such a wide range of sophisticated additional mathematical functions within the software is unrivalled
• Charts: Select from chart type and define, position, legend styles, base and wall styles and axes types
• Help: within the software and online, we're always trying to help. Help files are available to guide you through your testing and analysis and provide the background support material you need to get the best from your instrument. Each test explanation is enhanced to include videos of each test stage and an extensive database of videos on a wide range of powder samples is now included on DVD.
You can also read about other people's experiences and their data from the collection of published papers that have been written by users of the instrument.