Would you like to employ a texture analysis system which provides multiple loading of samples and their subsequent testing with 'walk-away' time for the duration of all tests?
If high volume, repetitive testing is causing a bottleneck in your operation, automating to meet critical deadlines can be a business imperative. An investment in automation can be justified for a number of reasons, all of which directly impact your laboratory's contribution to profit.
The Automated Linear Indexing System (ALIS) enables the loading of multiple test samples prior to testing and does not require constant supervision by the user during testing. It is integrated seamlessly with a TA.XTplus texture analyser with quick and easy set-up and sample mounting.
Test specimens are typically located in bespoke support plates then, with prompted steps, testing conditions are set, tests are performed, and results are reported with little or no operator involvement. Skilled technicians are free to perform more sophisticated tasks while accurate, repeatable testing information is generated automatically.
Exponent software provides a simple interface for entering set-up parameters for the entire system making even the most complex testing applications easy to set up and operate. The software provides for entry of set-up parameters that define the configuration of the test such as test speed, degree of deformation, speed of data acquisition, in a project based environment.
It now also features a 'batch testing window' which facilitates a multiple testing protocol that moves the platform in either direction for regular or irregular spaced samples. The ability to add customisable operator prompts allows warning messages and instruction to the user to be configured.
The Automated Linear Indexing System is available in two platform lengths – 250mm and 600mm – and has two modes of operation. The platform can either be moved and paused for the testing of each sample, or can be moved constantly at the same speed as the texture analyser's arm, which is ideal for peel testing, for instance.
In conjunction with Stable Micro Systems' extensive portfolio of probes, fixtures and test methods, the Automated Linear Indexing System is suitable for a wide range of products, including dairy, bakery, confectionery, fruit and vegetables, supplements and tablets.
• Range of movement: 250/600mm
• Positional accuracy: ±0.5mm
• Axis options: Y axis movement optional via manual detents (user specified)
• Speed of movement: 0.1-100mm/s
• Maximum force that can be applied to the X-Axis vertically: 1250N
• Maximum force that can be applied to the X-Axis horizontally: 50N
• Bed height (without sample plate): 66.5mm
• Maximum movable payload: 6kg EDL (Evenly Distributed Load)
• Electrical supply requirements: 100-240V AC; 3.15A (max); 47-63Hz; 100W (max)
• Environmental conditions: 0-40°C Temperature; 0-90% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
• Space requirements (width): ALIS 250: 900mm; ALIS600: 1600mm